9.12.2008

tree dream

let this truth go deep inside of me..
I was made for You
and You delight in me.
We will be together forever. and ever.
(a song they always sing here that i'm obsessed with..ha)

I had a dream the other night that my mom, Lauren and I were in Asia somewhere and we were getting on a train to go to another city. My mom went to exchange our money so we could pay and she came back with a piece of cloth with a tree sown onto it. the root system of the tree took up a significant part of the picture. and in the top right corner were the numbers 103.
I couldn't get the image off my mind all morning and prayed about what this meant. I felt the Lord saying that the money is obviously something valuable and that in His Kingdom a deep root system is what is valuable and is what will sustain us for the age to come. We have to be a people who delight in Him and meditate on His ways...feed on His faithfulness.

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
nor stands in the path of sinners,
nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
and on His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
planted by the rivers of water,
that bring forth its fruit in its season,
whose leaf also shall not wither;
and whatever he does shall prosper. (1:03)
The ungodly are not so,
but are like the chaff which the wind drives away.
Therefore the ungodly shall not stand in the judgment,
nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous.
For the Lord knows the way of the righteous,
but the way of the ungodly shall parish.
Psalm 1

No comments: